Sustainable Gifts ideas for Christmas
Christmas is just around the corner and the question of great Christmas gifts is becoming more and more topical: How can I give my loved ones real joy with my Christmas presents and do something good for the world at the same time?
Sustainable gifts chosen with care and love have been in vogue for years and should not be missing under any Christmas tree. Among other things, this includes the concept of ethical fashion (or slow fashion), the basic idea of which is the appreciation of garments and ethical production. Instead of reacting to fast-moving trends with the cheap production of many items of clothing, slow fashion designers focus on slow consumption with the aim of protecting nature.
Christmas gifts for environmentally conscious women
With the beautiful crocheted Woyoyo bags from Georgia, you are guaranteed to have an exclusive Christmas gift for your girlfriend or mother who places a lot of value on sustainable lifestyle. These beautiful bags and bracelets stand out thanks to their special fabrication with wooden elements that are difficult to imitate and therefore unique. Handmade details turn the bags into stylish one-of-a-kind items that are produced sustainably and fairly. Check out also Woyoyo's selection of bracelet, there is nothing better than a wooden accessorie to add a natural flair to your everyday outfit.
We suggest you to check out our The Jacksons bags selection; the brand has developed a Fairtrade project for women in Bangladesh. Thanks to fair wages and working conditions, as well as medical care and education, women can lead independent lives working for a brand that gives life to fantastic creations like these handmade bags. Isn't it amazing?
By Adushka's step guide to a eco-friendly Christmas
How can you implement the idea of sustainability at Christmas?
It’s easier than you think to reduce your consumption and help the environment, by making very minor tweaks to your Christmas routine. Find here By Adushka's step guide to a "greener" Christmas.
- Decorate gifts with natural materials instead of buying new wrapping paper every year.
- Instead of conventional Christmas trees, choose locally grown Christmas trees, organic fir trees or light trees in pots.
- Reach for fair trade Christmas treats
- Customize your Christmas Outfit with fair fashion items!
- Use home decoration foreign wood or reusable decoration stuff. We love the wooden deco stuff from our interior designer and friend Franziska Arnold from her beautiful Store "Slow Living" in Wettingen, Switzerland.